Sunday, January 27, 2008

Let's start out sweet: 2006 Silvan Ridge Semi-Sparking Early Muscat

The first stop on my weekend excursion to local wineries began at Silvan Ridge Winery, which is located about 15 minutes outside of Eugene on Briggs Hill Road.

What a beautiful location! The winery and tasting room was an elegant European style, but it felt comfortable. The tasting room staff were friendly and very knowledgeable.

I sampled about 5 wines at Silvan Ridge. All were good, but I fell in LOVE with their Semi-Sparkling Early Muscat. Anyone can enjoy this wine, even beginners like me.

This dessert wine their number one seller, and now I know why! The muscat is super sweet. It tastes like a fruity peach-pear fruit juice, but crisp and refreshing. It doesn't taste syrupy like most juices or heavy dessert wines. The texture is as light as can be, but the wine captures a bold, fruity taste.

If you think you don't like wine, I encourage you to try this amazing muscat. It's a great starting point for those not accustom to the taste of wine.

I hear the muscat is a great complement to a Sunday brunch or an after dinner dessert. I guess I will find out because I bought a bottle for myself!

Winemaker's Notes
Aromas of peaches, pear, apricots and orange bloom introduce you to this sweet, lively wine that is sure to awaken your sense. A hint of bubble helps keep the texture light and a good balance of acidity makes for a cleaning, refreshing finish.

Alcohol content: 6.5%
Residual Sugar: 11.5%

Awards
Silver Medal Winner at the 2007 Taster's Guild International Wine Judging
Gold & Best of Show White Wine at the 2007 Lane County Fair Wine Competition


Want a professional review?
Click here to read more reviews about Silvan Ridge Semi-Sparking Early Muscat.

2 comments:

Jason Williams said...

You Have to watch out for the wild corks on these ones. I bought one put it in the wine rack and it leaked. An excellent wine but so sweet not even it's own cork can hold it in.

Grace said...

My husband proposed to me over a glass of this wine, so it holds a sentiment spot on my wine choice list. Aside from that, this wine is not so sweet that is has to reserved for dessert. It can be drunk by itself accompanied by good conversation. The bubbles seem to say it is should be reserved for a special occasion, but don't let that stop you. The price is excellent for a wonderful bottle of wine.